- Name: Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship
- Race: Alicorn; Starlicorn
- Cutie Mark: Same as the original franchise.
- Age: 20
- Occupations: The Princess of Friendship, member of the Royal Family, magician, mage, researcher, tactician, Princess Celestia's main apprentice, co-worker at Golden Oak Library, Canterlot Mall electronic store worker, worker at Maneville Laboratory, lead vocalist and acoustic guitarist of the Sonic Booms, leader of the Mane Group
- Likes: Ruling Equestria, reading, studying, science, magic, math, history, astronomy, helping, hanging out with her friends, electronics, books, chemistry, creating science experiments, and spreading harmony across Equestria
- Dislikes: When things don't go right as she planned, failing, losing, being disoriented, being lost (especially in a different world), and losing her friends
- Traits: Half girly and half tomboyish, well-spoken, highly intelligent, quiet, shy, awkward, studious, cunning, headstrong, clever, curious, wise, bookworm, techno geek, kind, nice, peaceful, welcoming, social, friendly, insecure, suspicious, aggressive, rather grumpy, short-tempered, clumsy, heroic, practical, rational, helpful, mysterious, determined, level-headed, bossy, secretive, overprotective, fiery-tempered, lone wolf, gentle, adventurous, magical, anxious, believer, good-natured, somewhat funny, passionate, sarcastic, extroverted, nerdy, adorkable
- Pet: Owlowiscious (pet owl)
- Family: Queen Twilight Velvet (alicorn mother) and King Night Light (unicorn father); Prince Shining Armor (brother); Moonbeam Spark (adoptive sister); Princess Cadence (older sister-in-law); Flurry Heart (niece); Sunset Shimmer (childhood sister and legal guardian)
- Friends/Allies: Mane Group, Cutie Mark Crusaders, Harmony Crusaders, Moondancer, Sunburst, the Equal Guard, the Young Pack, the Princesses, Queen Novo, the Reformed Villains, Midnight Shade and Starlight Glimmer
- Enemies: Mean Group, Three Wicked Mares, Storm King, Crystal Glow, Terak, and Grogar
The DreamWorks reboot version of Twilight is much different from her original counterpart. She is a mix of her original pony and human counterparts. She is very quiet, shy and awkward like the original human self, but is not a timid wallflower like her. She also appears to be more cunning and headstrong in this version. However, she is even more insecure about her purpose of where she belongs.
She is the still the same intelligent pony, however in this version, she can be even more suspicious, rather grumpy, and short-tempered. Also, she tends to be a bit clumsy sometimes. She acts more like a true prodigy, and is also a total bookworm and techno geek. Twilight's personality is similar to those of iterations past; studious, level-headed yet suspect to anxiety attacks, and passionate about friendship. Most of the time, though, she tries to be funny in a certain type of way and wants her friends to feel positive when she’s with them.
Somehow, unlike her original counterpart, she has a really short temper due to some of her friends being idiots. She is not one to trust strangers easily, and is eager to show their true intentions. Sometimes, she considers being dead, but tries to live it up for her friends' sake.
Unlike both of her original counterparts, Twilight has a huge passion for magic, science, math, history and astronomy of all kinds. She and Sunset are like polar opposites. Twilight usually gets along with Sugarcoat, Indigo, Sunny, Sour and Lemon, but somehow holds a grudge against the egotistical and crazy Rainbow, the hyperactive and dumb Pinkie, the vain and over-dramatic Rarity, the fun-loving and outgoing Applejack, and the ultra-shy and cowardly Fluttershy.
She is one of the creatures who have a short temper. She would lash out at strangers who are too suspicious for her. But if someone ever makes her really mad, her whole body will go in flames like Daybreaker, and will burn mean people and villains to death.
Being the "magical" and "smart" one in the group, she is shy, mysterious, and a lone wolf. She usually likes doing things on her own and declines help, demonstrated in "How It All Begin", when she declines to let the others help her and Sunset (who kindly accepts their help) find the Elements of Harmony to stop Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker and save Princess Celestia and Princess Nebula. She is confident of creating magic spells and potions, and making science experiments.
Being the leader of the Mane Group, she shares the Magic of Friendship with everycreature she meets. Clever and curious, she is always ready for a new challenge! She is always ready to lead the others on missions to spread friendship and harmony across Equestria. She believes that friendship is magic.
Being the only daughter of Queen Twilight Velvet and King Night Light, as well as the younger sister of Prince Shining Armor, she is
- Her parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light, are Queen and King. Plus, her mother is an alicorn instead of a unicorn, making Twilight born as an alicorn instead of becoming one.
- Since her father is a Lunicorn, she has moonlight powers.
- She has two bloodlines from Starswirl the Bearded and Princess Luna.
- In Magical Mystery Cure, she ascends into a starlicorn.
- Twilight's spirit creature is an angel.
- She has the power of stars and moonlight.
- Sunset Shimmer: Sunset is Twilight's closest friend and legal guardian, as well as her childhood sister.
- Princess Celestia:
- Princess Luna: Luna is one of Twilight's best friends.
- Princess Cadence:
- Lyra Heartstrings:
- Minuette Fresh:
- Lemon Hearts:
- Rainbow Dash: Rainbow is one of Twilight's best friends.
- Pinkie Pie: One of the Alpha Six.
- Rarity Belle: One of the Alpha Six.
- Applejack: One of the Alpha Six.
- Fluttershy: One of the Alpha Six.
- Sugarcoat: One of the Beta Six.
- Indigo Zap: One of the Beta Six.
- Sunny Flare: One of the Beta Six.
- Sour Sweet: One of the Beta Six.
- Lemon Zest: One of the Beta Six.
- Megan Williams:
- Queen Poppy: