Sabine is a gentle, kind and loving woman to her family and the people around her. However, she is a good responsible parent who will discuss issues with her daughter and give punishments like grounding her at the worst. Sometimes, Sabine is a bit nosy and over-involved, usually when it comes to Marinette with her crushes. She still keeps to her boundaries though, and she wants the best for everyone.
For the bakery, Sabine is warm and professional, often treating others respectfully. With great concern and compassion toward others, she helps those in need with selflessness, from people she doesn't know well like Lê Chiến Kim in "Animan" to people she knows personally like Marinette and Adrien Agreste.
In "Weredad", she isn't as hasty as Tom when he believed Marinette was in "love" with Cat Noir aware that the hero didn't return her feelings. In "Family", Marinette describes her as calm but tough and always finds the solution to every problem being described as Marinette's everyday hero.
- Sabine was named after Thomas Astruc's girlfriend at the time, who is French-Chinese.
- Her family comes from the city of Wenzhou (温州市) in China.
- She is the only known mother in the series who doesn't have her last name changed.
- As displayed by Marinette's phone in "Oblivio", Sabine's number is +33690250.
- She and Marinette are the only ones in their family that haven’t been akumatized:
- Like Marinette, Sabine was nearly akumatized by Scarlet Moth in "Ladybug", but because of Nathalie's condition.
- In Marinette's instagram page Sabine enjoys mediating with Marinette.
- According to Marinette, she calls Sabine and Tom a "one true pair".
- Sabine has a favorite tea shop mentioned in Marinette's Instagram post.