- Name: Lady Rarity Belle, the Guardian of Magnanimity
- Race: Unicorn; Hybrid Abyssinian-Pony
- Cutie Mark: Same as the original franchise.
- Age: 20
- Occupations: Fashion designer, stylist, shopkeeper, seamstress, worker at Carousel Boutique, member of the Wondertones, Canterlot Mall outlet shop worker, keytarist of the Sonic Booms, member of the Mane Group
- Likes: Fashion of all kinds (Clothes, hair, makeup, nails, magazines, fashion shows), spas, relaxing, beauty rest
- Traits: Girly, ladylike, trendy, fashionable, vain, beauty queen, talented, fashionista, generous, charitable, arrogant, dramatic, posh, sassy, stubborn, partly selfish, greedy (sometimes), aristocratic, narcissistic, hygienic, short-tempered, ill-tempered, snarky, impulsive, helpful, cultured, sensible, sophisticated, glamorous, cowardly but still brave, diva-like, feisty, heroic, charming, funny, gold-hearted, responsible, timid, gentle, somewhat sarcastic
- Pet: Opalescence (pet cat)
- Family: Magnum (Abyssinian father) and Betty Bouffant (pony mother); Sweetie Belle (younger sister); Sugar Belle (cousin); Charity Diamond (adoptive sister); Sunny Flare (childhood sister and legal guardian)
The DreamWorks reboot version of Rarity keeps most of her personality intact, however, with a few differences. In this version, Rarity appears to be more obsessed with fashion than ever, and can be sassy and stubborn sometimes.
She is a generous and fancy pony that deeply delights fashion. She loves to express her beauty with her friends. She dislikes it when she gets icky and dirty, especially for her mane. A talented all-around fashion stylist, her keen eye for beauty is only matched by her appreciation for elite society. While her love for high culture leads to occasional vanity, Rarity is also deeply generous, willing to sacrifice even her beauty for the sake of others. And of course, her friends too.
Rarity tries so hard to make her boss, Madame Stylee,
There are times when she can be partly selfish, sometimes greedy, aristocratic and narcissistic, and she is very hygienic and hates everything dirty, but she means well. She sometimes argues with Rainbow, Pinkie, Applejack and Fluttershy. She is as helpful and generous as she can be.
Rarity has a passion for fashion and she believes that the best accessory is generosity. That generous spirit and love of all things beautiful makes her a favorite in Equestria. When she's not making custom clothing or fabulouzing herself, she's making sure her friends are wearing the latest and greatest outfits that the world has to offer. She always makes sure her friends wear fabulous outfits for each occasion. She believes that practice makes fabulous! Trendy and fashionable, she's got the right outfit for you!
Being the oldest daughter of Magnum and Betty Bouffant, as well as the older sister of Sweetie Belle, she is all about fashion and drama. Just like most of her fellow members of the Mane Group, she is very protective of
- Sunny Flare:
- Madame Stylee:
- Sweetie Belle: