Mayura is the supervillainess alter-ego of Nathalie Sancoeur.
- The name Mayura in Sanskrit means peacock, one of the sacred birds in Hindu mythology. It is also a contemporary Hindu name used in many parts of India.
- While the villain is female, Mayura is specifically the term for males while Mayuri is the term for females.
- Mayura was revealed at the Miraculous panel at New York Comic Con 2016 under the name "Le Paon" (French for "The Peacock").
- Earlier, at a panel at San Diego Comic Con, Thomas Astruc pointed to an image of her in the sneak peek collage image, commenting that she will be a new recurring supervillain that will be Hawk Moth's ally.
- Her final name was revealed at a TF1 press conference advertising the upcoming Season 3.
- Mayura's civilian identity was revealed by the end of Season 2.
- There were also clues about her in the opening theme song for the season.
- In a video interview held on August 25, Jeremy Zag mentioned that the new main villain will make Hawk Moth appear like "a baby" in comparison. It is unknown if this villain is Mayura.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.