Kagami is a fierce and thoughtful girl who is dedicated to accomplishing any commitment she makes. Likewise, she can be somewhat reluctant and quite stubborn, willing to go out and take risks regardless of what is at stake for her. However, she learns from her mistakes, knowing there are times she isn't the winner. Despite her wits, Kagami a bit of a habit of jumping to conclusions, as shown when she saw a picture of Adrien and Lila together quickly assuming she was the girl he told her about in "Frozer".
Kagami is an aggressive fencer that she will taunt her opponent during the fight. While she doesn't like to lose due to her competitive nature, she downplays her upset feelings and respects her rivals, not unlike Adrien. She can be quite emotive and rage-prone in spite of her composed exterior.
However, Kagami is a very hospitable person who ironically forms friendships with people after they both approach each other and solve their conflicts, suggesting an understanding side. She comes across as blunt and willing to speak her mind, telling Philippe that she didn't want to take skating lessons multiple times and even speaking for Adrien when asked. This is more evident when she advised Marinette Dupain-Cheng to stop hesitating.
However, she is also a little revealing as she told her mother in her akumatized form (and by extension to Hawk Moth) her identity.
- The name Kagami means "mirror".
- In the Brazilian dub version, her name is changed to Kyoko, in which the name Kyoko means "mirror".
- In the Italian dub version, her name is changed to Katami, in which the name Katami could possibly mean "memento" or "souvenir".
- The kanji Kata means "martial arts" in Japanese, which is also a reference to "Katana", a Japanese sword. The name Katami also has a secondary meaning, which is "remember" or "I remember".
- Kagami's surname Tsurugi is a type of Japanese sword.
- In Japanese culture, the Yata no Kagami is a sacred mirror and symbol of truth or wisdom (as mirrors only reflect what is shown); the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is a legendary sword that represents the virtue of valor. Both are one of the three Imperial Regalia of Japan, along with the Yasakani-no-Magatama, a sacred jewel that represents benevolence.
- Kagami was revealed on a Season 2 synopsis from TFOU on August 31, 2017.
- She was teased as a new inhabitant of Paris in a Brazilian synopsis for Season 2 on O Universo da TV.
- In the Latin American Spanish dub, Kagami's name is changed to Agami. An Agamí (with a slight spelling change; an accent on the i) is a South American bird with black plumage and blue reflections.
- Feri González noted that both Kagami and Luka Couffaine are "charming, rounded characters", who are not limited to roles as alternate love interests.
- Kagami's akumatized form was first revealed in a promotional video for Season 2 from TFOU.
- In fencing, the word "riposte" refers to a quick return thrust following a parry.
- A colloquial use of the word refers to a quick, witty retort to an insult or criticism. Another definition related to this is a "retaliatory maneuver or measure."
- As of "Frozer", like Plagg, Kagami is the only person that knows Adrien is in love with someone else. But unlike Plagg, she is unaware that Adrien is in love with Ladybug, who is actually Marinette Dupain-Cheng.
- Riposte reappears in the two-part special event "Heroes' Day".
- Riposte appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer's powers.
- Kagami is the fifth character to be akumatized into a different akumatized villain identity and both of these villains are Japanese-themed.
- Kagami is the only member of the French Miraculous superhero team whose not native to France.
- She is the fourth known person of Japanese origins to wield a Miraculous succeeding her Miraculous predecessors Tomoe Gozen, Tentomushi, and Sasuke Sarutobi.
- But unlike Marinette and her origin Miraculous predecessors who all owned the same jewel (the Ladybug Miraculous), they all owned different Miraculous jewels.
- According to Marinette's latest Instagram page, she said that Kagami's birthday was on Wednesday it confirms that her birthday is on November 20.
- If so it means she's a Scorpio, as she mentioned in the french dub of "Ikari Gozen