Gina is a very sweet, charming and caring person who deeply cares for her family, especially for her son, her daughter-in-law and her granddaughter. She is also affectionate and understanding as she wanted Marinette to have a great birthday and to spend a lot of quality time with her too. Despite this, Gina can be forgetful and have a hard time adjusting to changes, as she didn't realize that Marinette was no longer a child and that she liked different things from when she was younger.
Gina is a bit strict, energetic, adventurous, social, enthusiastic and quite ambitious person. According to Marinette and herself, she has been travelled around the world, including Patagonia, Australia, Balia and Estonia. She also has an Inuit friend.
- Gina's akumatized form was first revealed at a press release held by TFOU.
- While a Brazilian news article for Season 2 wrote that Befana is the grandmother's name, a crew member later confirmed that the name was not entirely correct.
- Befana is the name of an Italian old woman who brings gifts to children on Epiphany Eve (January 5th), which is similar to Santa Claus on December 25th in other countries.
- Gina's shirt's design is a reference to Pink Floyd's album, The Dark Side of the Moon.
- Befana appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer's powers.